The Bowie – Dick indicator sheets are designed to daily monitoring steam autoclave vacuum pumps and pre vacuum cycles in order to detect leaks, inadequate steam penetration, air bubbles and failure of the vacuum pump. High-quality indicator ink is printed over an A4 sheet in order to prepare a wrapping pack according AAMI (Association forAdvancement of Medical Instruments) norms and recommendations.
The use of EFELAB Bowie Dick test sheets is indispensable each day for monitoring the operational capabilities of the steam sterilizers before sterilizing materials. The use of bowie dick test sheets allows the user to effectively detect inadequate air extraction within the sterilization chamber and the formation of air-bubbles. Whastsmore, the inability to detect poor steam penetration leads to poor sterilization. Running a Bowie Dick test is the single, most important quality assurance test available today.
- Single Indicator sheet for Bowie – Dick testing procedure according ANSI/AAMI norms.
- High-performance chemical indicator ink which turns to black after being properly processed.
- Permanent color change of the chemical indicator ink which allows it to be used as sterilization record.
- Designed according to UNE EN867 Part 4 of the European Community. It provides the sterilizer´s operator safetyness in the daily monitoring of the steam autoclave vacuum pump.
- Manufactured according to ISO 11140-1 , Class II .